A good friend of mine (that is organized) sent me this link today and I couldn’t think of a better way to file it somewhere I can find it than blogging aboutit, so here we go. A good way to have a productive day start it the right way. Although the orignal author’s post is written for freelancers,much of it could as easily apply to students, cab drivers or work-at-home freelancers!
Below are Mason Hipp’s 5 Easy Ways to Start a Productive Day along with my own comments. If you want to read Mike’s original tips along with details added, you’ll need to visit his website by clicking the link above.
- Get a good night’s sleep
George adds… brain boost
- Spend 20 minutes being disciplined
George adds… a productive day will doubtless include discipline
- Eat Breakfast
George adds… obvious – fuel your mind and body
- Clarify EXACTLY what tasks are productive
George adds… planning makesa difference, so priorities are a must
- Get into work mode
George adds… work mode, study mode, whatever applies to your life
- get ready the night before as much as possible such as…
- what you will be wearing
- preparing your breakfast and/or lunch
- make sure you have gassed up your car/truck
- check the weather – do you need raingear, get up early to shovel snow?
- stay focused on one task at a time