In Lost Planet 2’s Episode 3 Chapter 3: Libera Me, you’ve killed all of the bad guys and the train is yours. Now there’s that pesky giant worm (Red Eye) thing to kill, but just how do you do it?
So, how do you kill that huge worm in Episode 3 Ch. 3 of Lost Planet 2? I’ve played through Ep. 3, Ch.3 three times + now, and always finished Red Eye (the giant worm thing) with the cannon – but here’s what you need to know to get there.
- Shoot the round, orange panels off of Red eye’s sides (do this to 6+ panels to use the cannon to kill the Worm)
- Shoot the Akrid enemies and projectiles launched at you and the train
- If you don’t protect the train from Red Eye’s attacks, he will “kill” the train, and everything on it
- There are one man turrets lining the side of the train, unlimited ammo, limited accuracy, and you can get to them from inside the train (just jump from inside, no need to use your anchor) and you can also get to them from the outside of the train jumping down from the top of using your anchor if you are on the outside of the train
- There is a flying VS for your use, but its machine guns seem weak
- Keep the train cool – watch the gauges and run into the train’s interior to activate the coolant system, when needed (Coolant/Train note below)
- Know what those cylinder things are around the train – they are ammo for the cannon, come in 3 types (Cannon Shells Note below)
COOLANT TRAIN NOTE:
Oh, and add to all of that, the Red Eye is also slamming himself into the train trying to knock off the tasty morsels that are you and your friends. A giant Akrid smashing into the train doesn’t exactly do wonders to the engine. You’ll notice that with each smash the train’s health bar gets lower, and worse yet, the train will catch fire. Not to worry, there’s a coolant system to help put out those fires and repair the train! Down below in the heart of the engine, you’ll also need to coordinate with each other to activate the coolant system make sure the train stays running.
Watch the heat gauges or just cool on a regular basis
CANNON SHELLS NOTE:
The shells for the cannon are scattered thoughout the train, and you’ll need to grab them and load them into the cannon. There’s even a few types of shells, the Cobalt (standard shell), the Devil’s Roar (shotgun), and the Armor Piercing Shells (armor piercing, duh). Everyone has a role here. You’ll have to take turns if you want the full experience.
-From Capcom Blog Post
Your AI teammates will bring shells. After loading and energizing the shells when needed, if enough are loadable and the train is cool, the cannon will reload SLOWLY after a shot.
MORE INFO on CAPCOM-UNITY.COM
Train Worm Boss Info: Read about Red Eye, The gian Arkid Worm in Episode 3 Chapter 3
Train & Weapons Info: Read about the train the giant Akrid worm Red Eye attacks, including great info on that huge cannon