If you have the Huawei Ascend II android phone, you might need to remove the back to change a battery or remove or upgrade the microSD card. Regardless, you will need to know how to access the SD mini card to remove it.
The Huawei Acsend II comes with a 4GB microSD card, and 3GB are dedicated to music. Keep in mind whatever microSD you use
you will lose those 3GB for music and a small amount of space will be used by the Android OS, as with any operating system.
NOTE: If you buy a new Huawei Ascend II it will come with a 4GB SDMicro that is hard-wired to give you 1GB of storage and save the other 3GB for music. If you put your own MicroSD card in that is not made by/for this phone, you will get the entire space minus a small amount for the Android OS.
1. Power off your Huawei Ascend 2
2. Remove back cover – it slides upward toward the top
3. Remove the microSD card – note that the card’s notch is on the top
4. Place the new SD card in, making sure its snug – but don’t break it
5. Replace the back cover, power up your Huawei Ascend II
6. Press Menu > Settings > Storage and check Total Space (My 8GB SD card shows 7.39GB Available – 3GB for music leaves 4.39GB for photos etc…)
What is the Hauwei Ascend II?
SOURCE MYCRICKET.COM: The Huawei Ascend II (M865) is the latest Cricket Android smartphone featuring the Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and Cricket’s Muve Music experience. This value-priced Android comes with a 3.5” HVGA touch-screen with a virtual keyboard, 5MP camera/camcorder, microSD slot, Wi-Fi capability, and 3G Real Web Browsing. Plus, get access to over 200,000 cool apps on the Android market as well as great Google apps like YouTube, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Search and more!