Posts tagged dead space
After playing through Dead Space on the Xbox 360 I’ve compiled a short mental list of tips:
- stalk, don’t walk; watch corners – you’ll live longer if you move slowly and intently as opposed to just running around
- listen – EA’s done a great job of making all kinds of sounds (immediate and environmental sounds) that sound like your about to get nailed by another Necromorph, get to know the sounds so you can tell the difference between someone suddenly breaking in on your radio and a necromorph howling as it barrels toward you (many time from behind)
- necromorphs set traps – get used to being attacked from more than one side, ask yourself questions like “Gee, why is that necro walking away from me?” and instead of thinking your exccellent shoting has actually scared them
- a necro on the floor isn’t always dead – they set traps and lay on the floor as if dead until you approach and sometimes will also play dead when you are shooting them
- read the walls, read the text logs, listen to the audios – for hints and information, for example, early on you’re given a sign on the wall, an audio log, and a radio message to shoot the necros limbs for a quicker kill
- reload – reload whenever feasibly possible, its better to relaod after every battle and at every chance during a battle instead of standing there and reloading while they tear you apart
- use your stasis – use your stasis to slow necros, especially if you are having difficulty killing them or there are too many of them coming at you
The biggest tip is to save often and enjoy the game!
MORE DEAD SPACE
Playing through Dead Space on the Xbox 360 for a second time I noticed some writing on the wall in the lab, on the lower floor in the Bio Lab. They are written on the wall near the save point, looks like its written on the wall in black magic marker (human writing, these aren’t Necromorph translations):
- Lydia, If I don’t make it back take care of the kids for me. I Love You, Steve
- No God, Know Fear. Know God, No Fear.
- The prudent see danger and take refuge. The simple keep going and suffer for it.
- Run and hide! Don’t stay here. Its not safe here any more.
- They are watching. (This one is found to the left of the door near the save point)
Here are a couple of Dead Space tips I’ve mentally collected while playing through the first time on Easy.
NOTE: According to the game’s cover artwork this game is rated 18+ (UPDATE: Blog says rated Mature 17+ for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence and Strong Language)., a well-deserved rating considering the mature themes, pervasive gory violence, and incredibly intense blend of survival horror-action gameplay, an emotionally immersive musical score and striking sound effects.
MORE DEAD SPACE