Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 weapon proficiencies are earned by continued use of your weapons as you level them up (separate from leveling up your player). The longer you use a weapon, the more proficiencies you earn.
Proficiences are used along with weapon attachments to make you and your chosen weapon a more dangerous foe to face on the battlefield. Not all proficiencies are available for all weapon types.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 weapon proficiencies are:
- Kick – reduced recoil
- Impact – increased penetration of your rounds
- Attachment – allows the use of 2 attachments
- Focus – reduces flinching when you are hit while firing
- Breath – reduces sight sway
- Stability – a sort of automatic “breath” where idle weapon sway is reduced
- Melee – faster recovery after melee attacking a foe
- Speed – faster movement speed
- Damage – increased damage
- Range – increased range for your weapon